The chicken Chapli kebab is a must-try dish if you want flavorful, juicy kebabs that are brimming with flavor. This dish, which hails from Pakistan’s dynamic culinary scene, is well-known for its juicy texture and flavorful spice combination.
Chicken Chapli kebab will charm your taste senses thanks to its distinctive shape and alluring aroma. In this post, we’ll take you on a culinary adventure and give you an easy-to-follow guide for making these mouthwatering kebabs in the convenience of your own home kitchen.
Ingredients for Chicken Chapli kebab:
- 500 grams ground Chicken
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust according to your spice preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil (for cooking)
- Lemon wedges and fresh coriander leaves (for garnish)
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 25 minutes||Cuisine: Pakistan|
|Serving: 4||Calories: 200|
- In a mixing bowl, mix the ground chicken, finely chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, cumin, coriander, red chili powder, turmeric, and garam masala powders. Add salt and beat the egg. Mix thoroughly until each item is distributed equally.
- After thoroughly combining the ingredients, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The flavors will combine better, and it will be simpler to form the kebabs if the mixture is chilled.
- Take a tiny amount of the cooled mixture and form it into a circular patty. With the remaining ingredients, carry out this procedure once again, being careful to maintain uniformity in the size of each kebab.
- Add oil to a nonstick skillet or frying pan that has been heated to medium heat for shallow frying. Give the oil time to warm up.
- Carefully add the formed kebabs to the hot pan, being mindful not to crowd them. Cook the kebabs for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until they are well heated through.
- After the kebabs have finished cooking, put them on a platter covered in paper towels to soak up any extra oil.
- Garnish the hot chicken chapli kebabs with lemon wedges and fresh coriander. They go amazingly well as a dipping complement with yogurt or mint chutney. For a mouthwatering kebab sandwich, you may alternatively eat them inside a piece of bread or a wrap.
Tips and Variations:
- You can give the kebab mixture a flavor boost by adding finely chopped mint leaves or dried pomegranate seeds (anardana).
- Reduce the amount of red chili powder or eliminate the green chilies entirely if you prefer a gentler level of spiciness.
- For a change in flavor and texture, experiment with various ground meats, such as lamb or beef.
- The flavor of the kebabs can be improved by adding a tiny amount of cumin seeds that have been roasted and ground.