Few kitchen tools can compete with the slow cooker in terms of culinary convenience. It is actually amazing how easily it can turn basic items into luscious, savory entrees. The slow cooker is a game-changer when it comes to chicken since it produces soft, juicy results that are really delicious.
We’ll explore a variety of delicious dishes that will not only make dinner preparation simpler but also improve your dining experience as we delve into the realm of slow cooker chicken recipes in this post. As we explore delectable recipes ideal for busy days and comfortable nights, be ready to enjoy the slow cooker’s magic.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Stew:
|Chicken Preparation||10-20 minutes|
|Vegetable Prep||15-30 minutes|
|Searing Chicken||5-10 minutes|
|Simmering/Stewing||30 minutes to 1 hour|
|Vegetable Cooking||15-30 minutes|
|Stew Resting||10-15 minutes|
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic on top of the chicken.
- Pour chicken broth over the ingredients.
- Sprinkle dried thyme, salt, and pepper into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is tender and easily shredded.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add frozen peas to the slow cooker.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, mix well, and serve hot.
Nutritional Information for Chicken Stew with Vegetables (per serving, approximately 1 cup):
Calories: 200-250 calories
Protein: 20-25 grams
Carbohydrates: 10-15 grams
Dietary Fiber: 2-4 grams
Total Fat: 8-12 grams
Saturated Fat: 2-4 grams
Cholesterol: 40-60 milligrams
Sodium: 500-800 milligrams
Potassium: 300-500 milligrams
Vitamin A: 15-20% of daily recommended intake (DV)
Vitamin C: 10-15% DV
Calcium: 2-4% DV
Iron: 10-15% DV
Slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken:
|Chicken Preparation||10-15 minutes|
|BBQ Sauce Preparation||5-10 minutes|
|Slow Cooking||4-6 hours|
|Shredding Chicken||10-15 minutes|
|Resting Time||10-15 minutes|
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the BBQ sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the chicken is tender and can be easily shredded.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and mix it with the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Serve on buns or as desired.
Nutritional Information for Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken (per serving):
- Calories: 150-200 calories
- Protein: 20-25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10-15 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 0-2 grams
- Sugars: 8-12 grams (mainly from the BBQ sauce)
- Total Fat: 3-8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1-2 grams
- Cholesterol: 40-60 milligrams
- Sodium: 300-500 milligrams (mainly from the BBQ sauce)
- Potassium: 200-300 milligrams
- Vitamin A: 5-10% of daily recommended intake (DV)
- Vitamin C: 2-4% DV
- BCalcium: 2-4% DV
- Iron: 4-6% DV