The rainy season always appeals the desire for tasty food and when it comes to preparing something in less time, the dishes made from chicken comes first. The famous murg makhni also known as butter chicken, is a very easy and less time-consuming meal. This dish has gained worldwide popularity, and often found in the restaurants globally.
What is special in butter chicken?
Typically, the meal comprises of soft chicken pieces marinated in yogurt with a variety of spices, including garam masala, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili powder. The chicken is generally grilled in a tandoor (clay oven) after marinating, giving it a distinctive smokey flavor. However, in contemporary recipes, it is frequently prepared in an oven or on a cooktop.
The chicken is subsequently cooked in a decadent, creamy sauce made with tomatoes. Tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, and a number of other spices are combined to create the sauce. The sauce is thickened with butter, cream, or both to get the creamy consistency; hence, “butter chicken.”
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 25 minutes|
|Rest time: 5 minutes||Servings: 4|
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Prep the Chicken:
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Prepare the Garlic Butter Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the dried thyme, dried rosemary, and paprika. Cook for an additional minute to release their flavors.
- Pour in the chicken broth and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter until fully melted. Set the garlic butter sauce aside.
- Cook the Chicken:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C).
- Combine the Chicken with the Garlic Butter Sauce:
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, reduce the heat to low and pour the garlic butter sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Let the chicken simmer in the sauce for 1-2 minutes, allowing it to soak up the flavors.
- Rest and Serve:
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the chicken rest in the garlic butter sauce for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
This delectable garlic butter chicken is a flavorful and succulent dish that pairs perfectly with steamed vegetables or mashed potatoes. Enjoy this easy-to-make recipe, and impress your family and friends with a delicious homemade meal!