A delicious variant of the well-known Pakistani dish Chicken Karahi is White Chicken Karahi. This delicious recipe, which mixes soft chicken chunks with a tasty white sauce, is creamy and aromatic and sure to tempt your taste buds.
This article will walk you through a step-by-step recipe so you can make this delectable dinner in the comfort of your own home. Prepare to amaze your family and friends with this fascinating version of a traditional favourite.
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 30 minutes|
|Rest time: 5 minutes||Servings: 4|
|Difficulty: medium||Cuisine: Pakistani|
Ingredients for white chicken Karahi:
- 500 grams boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste (adjust according to your spice preference)
- 1 teaspoon white cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt to taste
- In a big skillet or karahi, heat the ghee or vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Include the cumin seeds and give them a brief moment to sputter.
- Add the chopped onions and cook them until golden brown.
- Now add the green chili paste, ginger paste, and garlic paste. Cook for one minute while stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- Place the boneless chicken pieces in the skillet and cook them until the outside is white, and the inside is no longer pink.
- Lower the heat to low and add salt, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and black peppercorns that have been crushed. Mix thoroughly to distribute the seasonings throughout the chicken.
- Combine the yogurt and heavy cream in another bowl by thoroughly mixing them.
- Once the chicken and spices have been combined, pour the yogurt and cream mixture into the skillet.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and boil the chicken in the creamy sauce for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, and the gravy has thickened.
- Add some fresh coriander leaves as a garnish.
- To complete and satisfy your appetite, serve the white chicken karahi hot with naan bread or steaming rice.
- Depending on your preferred level of spices, increase or decrease the amount of green chili paste.
- You can marinate the chicken in yogurt and spices for a few hours before cooking for a deeper flavor.
- A tablespoon of cornflour dissolved in water can be added if you want a thicker gravy, and the mixture should boil for a few minutes to reach the required consistency.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice as a garnish for the White Chicken Karahi for a tart touch.